Walt Pavlo shared his very personal story of white-collar crime during the Ethics Track of TMA's 2010 Annual Convention in Orlando on Friday morning.
Walt provided a candid look into the motivations, actions and consequences of the crimes he committed while working as a senior manager at MCI Telecommunications. His unique perspective provided great insight into the process of how white-collar crimes are committed.
At MCI, Walt was responsible for the billing and collection of nearly $1 billion in monthly revenue for MCI’s carrier finance division. Along with another member of his staff and a business associate outside of MCI, Walt began to perpetuate a fraud involving a few of MCI’s customers. When the scheme was completed, there had been seven customers of MCI defrauded over a six-month period resulting in approximately $5 million in payments to the Cayman Islands.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(23)
-
▼
October
(13)
- TMA Member Article Published in TheStreet.com "5 B...
- Where Does Your Newspaper Rank? Circulation Contin...
- What’s in a Number? 13 Reasons to Register for 13-...
- Wall Street Journal Blog Features TMA Survey Results
- Turnaround Industry is in Transition During Uncert...
- Wall Street Journal Reports "Executives Quicker to...
- Jeb Bush Annual Convention Keynote Address Recap b...
- Orlando Wrap Up
- Ex-Felon Shares MCI White-Collar Crime Story
- Bush Offers Turnaround Suggestions During Keynote ...
- Golf and Tennis Tournaments Provide Unique Network...
- Congratulations to the 2011 Officers!
- TMA Governance Behind the Scenes
-
▼
October
(13)
Popular Posts
-
I’ve heard consistently good things about Nick Green’s novels, – 'The Storm Bottle' by Nick Green and I know him to be a witty blogg...
-
Canterbury Cathedral's Green Man I was going to write this week about how busy I was last week with various business trips - b...
-
Starting on Monday, we're holding a book festival round at yours... Well, if you want to, that is. You don't have to ...
-
A tunky pig? As a child, I often heard the expression, ‘ fat as a tunky pig. ’ My aunt’s over-fed dog, for instance, was often...
-
Well, I failed. It's 7-30pm on Friday night, and I know now that I'm not going to have Sterkarm 3 with my agent by tomorrow, ...
-
Manic Monday is a weekly meme hosted by Turn The Page where we get to decide who the next Indie/Self-Published author featured will be. So ...
-
BBPT is a monthly meme hosted by Turn The Page where we rehash all our favorites from the month... books, blogs, and all things bookish! Bo...
-
Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush offered three suggestions for the turnaround of the U.S. during the opening session of the TMA Annual Conve...
-
In less than a week my TBR/Review has begun to grow and this excites me! I am really looking forward to bringing more reviews in the coming ...
-
Always a cheerie chappie Orwell said writing a book was like enduring a long drawn out bout of illness. When I first rea...