DYING TO FORGET (BOOK # 1 OF THE STATION SERIES)!!

"...With trembling fingers, I reach up and touch the hard and chiseled contours of his chest while Ryan's large and strong hands roam over my entire body, feeling and squeezing everything. I've never been touched like this before and my insides are starting to freak out.

"I want you, Piper," he murmurs into my neck.

My mouth drops open in surprise and even though my brain seems to be telling me to jump and run out of the room, I’m unable to move, stuck firmly to the same place on the mattress. With my nerves on high alert, I glance at the door repeatedly, sure that someone will come bursting through it at any second but the steady thumping of the music downstairs reminds me that no one can hear what is happening in this room. No one cares that Ryan Burke took me, of all people, into a bedroom. That realization hits me suddenly. Oh. My. God. What am I doing here?"

Piper Willow dies the summer after her high school graduation but she doesn’t make it to Heaven or Hell…instead she finds herself in a spiritual terminal called the Station. She’s given only two choices: Return to Earth as the subconscious for a person in need of some outside assistance, or move on and spend an eternity lost in her own sorrow and pain. 

Does Piper have what it takes to save a life - to be the nagging voice inside someone else’s head - or will she fail and end up lost and tormented in limbo...forever?

Author: Trish Marie Dawson  
Title: Dying To Forget(Book #1 of The Station Series) 
Genre: Young Adult>Fantasy>Paranormal
Publication Date: August 2012
Links to Purchase: Amazon, Barnes & Noble
Reviewer: Megan

My Review: 4 out of 5 stars

This will probably be my shortest review... not because I wasn't a fan of the book, but because it's a book that you can easily give spoilers away if you talk too much about it. So, here is what I can tell you - it was a fast, fun read. The concept was interesting and kept me intrigued enough to finish it in one sitting and even convinced me to buy the second book in this series within minutes of finishing.

 The circumstances around Piper's death, at first, was unsettling to me, but the author did a really good job of explaining the spiritual terminal called "The Station".  In fact, it was pretty creative. I liked the main character. I felt for her. The events or difficulties that led to her death were hard. Having personal experience with losing someone (a best friend), I can relate to Piper's devastation over her loss. And as a girl, I can relate to the other things she goes through. 

At one point, I did find myself thinking "this is way too easy... things are just falling into place for her too much." I continued to feel this way the more Piper interacted with others around her.... however, it is the way the first book ends and the second begins (there is a preview of the first chapter of the second book in book 1) that made me realize the story was just beginning for Piper. What might have appeared to be too easy for Piper, just might prove to be the opposite. I enjoyed the story and the authors take on a difficult topic and I am looking forward to reading the second and even the third book (set to be released in July 2013) in this series. 

** Ps. The author's end note also made an impact on me. Like I said, this was a difficult topic and I truly feel like she put an interesting, thought provoking, twist to it and in her message, she makes it clear what her intentions were or were not.