TIME STANDS STILL!! (EMI LOST & FOUND SERIES - BOOK #2)

In this second book in the Emi Lost & Found series, Time Stands Still, a near-death experience leaves Emi Hennigan injured and confused, but it's a chance meeting with a man from her past that has her questioning everything she's believed in. Emi is stunned when Jack Holland reminds her of their one evening together in college. Will her heart forever be with Nate Wilson, her best friend and soulmate? Or will she find love with someone completely unexpected?


The second of three books in the Emi Lost & Found series.

Author: Lori Otto  
Title: Time Stands Still (Book #2 of the Emi Lost & Found Series)  
Genre: Young Adult>Contemporary>Romance>  
Publication Date: August 2010
Links to Purchase: Amazon
Reviewer: Megan

My Review: 4.5 out of 5 Stars. 

So as I was saying at the end of my review for book #1, I was devastated and confused. While I was grateful I had this second book, I was so emotional during the first few chapters I had to read some other reviews, which I never do while I am reading a book. I hate the idea of stumbling onto a spoiler... but there was a part of me that was conflicted with the emotions I was experiencing, especially since I had first hand-personal experience with both of the tragedies Emi was facing.  I read several other reviews online and was actually frustrated that people would stop reading this series as a result. I was thankful, as I read through, I hadn't read these reviews before finishing book #1, because they spoiled most of it's ending... and that would have annoyed me to no end. I then started wondering why I was even reading these reviews. What did I hope to find? I suppose I wanted to be reassured that all these emotions would be worth it... and they totally were. 

While the events at the end of book #1 certainly caught me off guard, It still made me want to read more to understand why... why had the author chosen this path for her characters, why was this necessary, and how would this all turn out. I suppose that is what separates us as readers. The ability to appreciate a writers artistic creativity and the bravery that comes from making such bold moves. Unlike all those readers who got mad and said they refused to read on, I disagreed with them. I wondered if they had ever felt this kind of pain before - that raw pain that leaves you broken. Books that make you feel these kinds of emotions are the rare ones, the good ones. 

Had this mind boggling, devastating event never occurred, well the series wouldn't have had a whole lot further to go. It could have been wrapped up all pretty with a sparkly bow and everyone lived happily ever after, but life isn't about being wrapped in a pretty bow where we all live happily ever after. It's about real pain and devastating events that we don't always understand, how we learn from those events - how we pick ourselves up and move forward!

After I read through those first 100 pages of Time Stands Still, I took a moment to reflect on the emotions I had been feeling and still felt. And then, I applauded the author for her bravery in showing us this heartache. So many of us, at some point I am sure, have felt this pain and know it all too well. I believe the author captured the emotions well, and I found myself crying A LOT throughout this book. And even through the heartache there is some good that begins to shine through... and we are reminded that life does go on, even if we aren't willing to move forward with it. Jack helped with this... he refused to let time stand still for Emi, he refused to let her accept her life for what she believed fate had handed her... he forced her to move forward. 

Can I just say for the record, I am in love with Jack!! oh yeah, love love love him. What a patient, kind, honest, and loyal man. He reminded me a lot of my husband (wink), which helped make him more realistic. He was such a beautiful character who was fantastically written and developed. I also loved the development of Chris and Anna, and I loved the relationship that both healed and blossomed between Emi and her sister. In the prequel they truly struggle and this slow appreciation for one another is so wonderful. 

Again, this book felt too long as well... but I still really really enjoyed it. I loved all of the ways that Jack helps Emi overcome all of the loss she experiences and I especially loved what he brought out in her.  I can't say much more without giving important details away... so with that I will move onto the review for the third and final book, stating simply that I really enjoyed Book #2 and I willingly and with childlike impatience and enthusiasm, turned the page toward book #3 so hopeful for how this story would end....